Some of the Highlights:
- Bryan Peterson Seminar highlights
- Natalie Jackson O’Neal exhibit at the Clocktower
- Still Life workshop highlights
- Raptors in Focus in Milwaukee
- Open and Nature competition results
Click here for the newsletter: PhotoChatter March 2017
Congratulations to the winners of the Open 2 and 3 Competition (First three across in galleries below)
To see all competition results, go to http://peoriacameraclub.com/competitions/club-results/2016-17-results/
Day with Bryan Peterson – March 19, 2017
The PCC is pleased to announce an opportunity to work closely with Bryan Peterson as part of a small group. Bryan will be offering a day long, hands-on class on Sunday March 19, 2017. During this post-seminar class, Bryan will be assisting participants in the application of concepts presented during the “Art of Seeing” seminar he would have presented on March 18th. Bryan, with guidance from club members, will take the group to a variety of settings around Peoria. The class will run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Our tentative locations will the Illinois River Front in East Peoria, the Warehouse District in Peoria, Detweiller Park and places along the Illinois River in Chillicothe. Bryan has asked for some time to shoot indoors and to review/process images. We will meet in the clubhouse at Shore Acres in Chillicothe for lunch and indoor work. This will be our location for the day if weather force us indoors all day. I am open to specific suggestions for shooting locations.
This class is now open to all registrants for the Saturday March 18th seminar, “Art of Seeing”.
The total cost is $195 per person with $50 of the fee being retained by the PCC. Here is the process…
- Enrollment is limited to 15 and will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
Only 7 slots left.
- You must sign up for the seminar first.
- Then, you must submit your name to Joe Virbickis, Seminar Chairman, via email, phone or text. This will guarantee your place once confirmed in an email from Joe. If necessary, Joe will keep a waiting list based on expressed interest if the number interested exceeds 15.
- The cost for this workshop is due any time up to and including March 18th (Saturday). Joe will accept checks at the seminar on the 18th. If you do not pay in full by that date, the slot will be offered to another registrant. (All checks payable to Peoria Camera Club)
- If you decide the day of the seminar to attend Sunday’s class, Joe will accept payment that day. (Given available slots)
- As mentioned above, all payments are refundable. Joe will hold all checks until after March 19th to facilitate any refunds. Circumstances can change and no one will be penalized for last minute cancellations.
- You will receive email receipts of your interest and any payments, so please include an email address when you commit to this class or send a check.
- This class will be posted on the PCC website on March 11th or 12th.
Joe Virbickis 2017 Seminar Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org 309-635-3554
Congratulations to Gail Chastain Crystal Johnson and Jack Weidman for the winning images. (First three across in gallery below)
Congratulations to Gail Chastain and Crystal Johnson for the winning images. (First three across in gallery below)
Finally! You can see the results from the Open 1 and Nature 1 competitions so far on the Club Competitions Page
Congratulations to those that placed
1st: Buckinham Fountain by Crystal Johnson
2nd: Chain Barrel by Carl Close
3rd: Watching by Tom Ruhland